Monday, April 13, 2009

The reading this week taught me a lot about of Photoshop. I have had the program
for several years, but have never really used it. There were a lot of tips that I think could be easily used. One of the tips I like best was the idea of loading a 1x1 pixel image on one page, so the image can be stored in the cache and viewed quickly on the correct page.

It was interesting how there was only one small area on Flash, which I think is becoming much more common in web design. However, my experience with Flash was not one of ease and I'm not excited about ever using the program again!

The article regarding children and site Navigation utilizing Disney and Edmund's helps me to think about how I am designing my webquest. My webpage was designed with adults in mind, so with the webquest I need to pay better attention to placement of the navigation aides. I will also want to be sure that nothing looks like an advertisement or is placed in a way that would suggest advertisement. I watch my three year old and the way she navigates sites, and I'm always so surprised at how she can find things I didn't see. Clearly we "see" with different eyes than children.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the reading helped you with your organization of your WebQuest. I think it is important to avoid using too much text and graphics so that something doesn't get mistaken with an advertisement. I know I generally ignore the sidebars that are typically advertisements. I too need to look at Webpages more carefully because I tend to just find a different page for the answer if there are too many advertisements (which I am not really looking at to see if they are truly advertisements sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flash is becoming very popular in the web designing world. I have played around with Flash and it takes awhile to learn. I gave up too when trying to self teach myself but one day I will try to experiment with Flash again.

    ReplyDelete